Check Out Our Website!

Follow Us on Twitter

About Us

My Photo
TeamUfa
We are a team of people trying to reach people in Ufa and Bashkortostan in Russia. It is no small task and we want your support!
View my complete profile

Who's Visited Us

Friday, August 22, 2014

Reflections: Four Months in Ufa

There’s a lot that could be said about living in another country for four months. Any move brings changes. A new environment, new people, new rules. Moving to another country adds to that a new language and culture, and sometimes a feeling of isolation, feeling especially far from all things familiar. For me, I hope that such challenging circumstances will result in growth.

As a follower of Christ I’ve better learned how to live the truth that I am dependent on him. Before I moved to Russia I knew that Christ offered peace and stability to my spirit, but the comfort of familiar things often disguised how greatly I needed what Christ offered.

And what peace does Christ offer? Most importantly we are offered peace with God. Burdened by the guilt of sin and under the promise of judgment, Christ says to each of us, “Turn from sin, follow me, be forgiven, I was punished for you.” And after we have accepted this offer we must choose every day to meditate on God’s truth. Because changing circumstances and feelings of isolation are symptoms of being human, not culture shock.


God’s word remains true and constant; it’s stable when the world is not. I think today I’m more dependent on it, I’m more thankful for it, and I hope even more for those who don’t know the word that they will soon meet him.

Shawn B. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment