Check Out Our Website!

Follow Us on Twitter

About Us

My Photo
TeamUfa
We are a team of people trying to reach people in Ufa and Bashkortostan in Russia. It is no small task and we want your support!
View my complete profile

Who's Visited Us

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"It's Good To Read This Text"

I'm working with IBT (Institute for Bible Translation) for a few years now. And during some of these years, my parents were unhappy with me. Because they thought that I had been working on translating a "Russian book" into the Bashkir language and the Bashkir people do not need it. 

Once I forgot the Bashkir language draft of the Gospel of Luke at my parents' home. After a year or more I was back in the village and was doing field testing there of the draft. I read out loud to my aunt the book of Ephesians  and asked a question that I'd prepared. Hearing this, my stepmother (who was nearby and doing her staff, but listening us) told me: "Oh, your father gave me almost the same thing. Some text about God. I think he took it from your room. He told me to read it." At first I did not pay any attention to her words, as I was too busy with field testing. Then she told me one more time. I was still busy. Then one more time. And finally I asked her: "Mom, what are you talking about? Please could you show me what you are talking about?" It was the draft of the Gospel of Luke, which I had forgotten and accidentally left behind. "Yes, Mom, father is right. You need to read it. It's good for both of you to read this text."



Reilya Y.


Reilya Yanbulatova

0 comments:

Post a Comment