Check Out Our Website!

Follow Us on Twitter

About Us

My Photo
TeamUfa
We are a team of people trying to reach people in Ufa and Bashkortostan in Russia. It is no small task and we want your support!
View my complete profile

Who's Visited Us

Monday, February 2, 2015

TIME

Monday, February 2, 2015. I will be returning to my Russian classes today. I have not been in class since the 22nd of December. The time seemed to have gone by rather quickly, although it has been over a month since I have been inside the classroom. In fact, overall, my time here in the city of Ufa has been only what seems like a few days; however, I know I have now been living here for just over three months.

The saying, "time flies when you are having fun", I think really applies to these past few months. I have been constantly out in the city amongst students, employees of coffee shops, and even individuals celebrating holidays, seeking new friendships and connections. One of the beautiful things about the Russian people is their intentionality towards relationships. I was sitting in my apartment with my roommate and a friend, when this conversation arose about friendships. This friend told me that we would not become actual good friends until he continues to learn and know who I am, vice versa. So I asked him if he considered me a friend and he replied, "I really don't know you, so how can we be recognized as friends?".

This is something I want to pursue with those I meet. I know, honestly, I will not be able to be true friends with every person I meet, but I will seek to be true to those I meet by sharing, at the very least, the truth of the relationship I have with Christ. This Truth is such an important part of who I am to this day. Well, I am off to class! Time to go learn something new in Russian! Talk to you all later.

K.S.S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment