Check Out Our Website!

Follow Us on Twitter

About Us

My Photo
TeamUfa
We are a team of people trying to reach people in Ufa and Bashkortostan in Russia. It is no small task and we want your support!
View my complete profile

Who's Visited Us

Sunday, October 27, 2013

”The Lord Was In That Place”

My, my, how time does fly! It’s hard to realize it has already been a month since our group from Elk City, OK landed in Ufa! What a blessing it was to spend the time we had with the whole team there! It was amazing to see God’s hand at work throughout the entire trip. We were all amazed when He brought the lady from out of nowhere in the Moscow airport and took us right to the head of the line sending us straight through. Experiencing the sweet fellowship with Chris and Eileen and their beautiful family as well as the gracious hospitality of Jesse and Matt….He was there!!! Attending the services Sunday morning in House of Prayer was very emotional to me, realizing He had brought me, an old farm boy, around the world to worship Him in this beautiful place with these beautiful people…a most humbling experience! That afternoon at Grace Church, I didn’t understand all that was said but, there was no question…”the Lord was in that place”. Attending the Men’s Club and interacting with our Russian brothers and the fellowship with the team on Thursday evening were occasions I will always remember. I truly enjoyed God’s handiwork in the beautiful parks and monuments we were able to see. The Bashkir and Tatar heritage and learning of the history of Ufa was very interesting to me. As a farm boy, I love good food; the Bashkir and Tatar dishes we had were nothing short of fantastic. In the university, the students’ desire for reading and cultural interests stood out to me. I really enjoyed listening and sharing our traditions with them. I am very thankful for God’s hand and guidance in assisting Chris in developing those relationships. I enjoyed Ufa and its people very much….would definitely go back to do His work. I am thankful for God’s grace that placed me in Ufa. We are blessed to have the leadership of Chris and Eileen and the support of Jesse and Matt. Love you all!!! John G.

0 comments:

Post a Comment