Check Out Our Website!

Follow Us on Twitter

About Us

My Photo
TeamUfa
We are a team of people trying to reach people in Ufa and Bashkortostan in Russia. It is no small task and we want your support!
View my complete profile

Who's Visited Us

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

LOOKING BACK...

Looking back, it seems as if my time here in Ufa has flown by. I moved here in July 2011 and began taking Russian language courses at a local university. I’m so thankful that I had the opportunity to be a part of this city and culture for the time given. I personally have learned a lot and have seen many changes in the people around me. Of course, there were times when I thought I would never see the end. Times when I felt like there was no progress being made and everything I was here for was in vain. It’s during times like those when I learned to look to the Father and just trust in Him. Let me tell you, it is almost worth the trouble and hard times just to see the answer to prayers and understand that God is there and He is alive and working. During my time here in Ufa I had the chance to take part in many different English groups. It is through these groups that I met most of my friends. The highlight of my time here was definitely Friday nights at our music group. I was able to connect with younger people here in Ufa and just share life with them. This has led to many good memories and fun times. My hopes are to keep in touch with these people and continue to be a part of their lives. Thankfully, the amount of technology now-a-days will help stay in touch even though we will be thousands of miles away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment