Check Out Our Website!

Follow Us on Twitter

About Us

My Photo
TeamUfa
We are a team of people trying to reach people in Ufa and Bashkortostan in Russia. It is no small task and we want your support!
View my complete profile

Who's Visited Us

Friday, December 14, 2012

Growing Through Changes

As I sit here writing this, I have less than a week left in Ufa. I cannot believe how time has flown. It seems like just yesterday I arrived in this beautiful city. But now it is time to leave. I have been here for three and a half months, and have grown greatly both as a person and spiritually. I have grown as a person as I have gained new life experiences and learned how to survive in a culture that is not my own, and in a country where hardly anyone speaks my language. Experiencing another people’s culture and way of life has allowed me to break the stereotypes that I once held and has allowed my love for the people of this world to grow. I have grown spiritually as God has opened my eyes to the needs that people have for Him. He has really shown me His love for the people of this world and their need for Him. One day when I was feeling discouraged I prayed that God would show me what to love here in Ufa. God immediately told me to love the people, because they need Him. This affected me because I came to the realization that loving the people because they need Jesus does not just apply to Russia but applies to every country in the world. Probably my biggest highlight from these three and a half months has been all of the people I have met. I have many great, new friends with whom I am excited to continue relationships. I have also really enjoyed exploring Ufa, and going to all of the beautiful parks in the city. Overall I have had an amazing three and a half months living in Ufa. It was challenging at times, but the challenges helped me to grow. I will miss all of the people who I have met here, and hope to return someday soon! Kimberlie D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment